Lithium battery recycling is an important area of environmental protection and resource reuse. With the rapid development of electric vehicles, mobile devices and other fields, the demand for lithium batteries continues to increase, and the number of used lithium batteries is also rising year by year. If used lithium batteries are not properly disposed of, they will not only waste precious resources but also cause serious pollution to the environment. The main purpose of lithium battery recycling is to extract valuable metals, such as lithium, cobalt, nickel, etc., which are indispensable raw materials in the manufacturing of lithium batteries. By recycling used lithium batteries, the exploitation of primary resources can be reduced, damage to the environment can be reduced, and resource recycling can also be achieved.
Lithium Battery Disposal Recycling Process:
1. Discharge tank: discharging the used lithium batteries to a non-electric state by self-discharging or immersing them in salt water to obtain non-electric lithium batteries.
2. Conveyor belt: transporting the uncharged lithium batteries to the shredder.
3. Double shaft shredder: the lithium battery is shredded and processed and may catch fire during the shredding process, so it can be filled with nitrogen during the shredding process, or a more economical way is to put water in a bucket and add water.
4. Heating oven: using electric heating, used to dry the battery electrolyte and moisture.
5. Hammer crusher: to crush lithium batteries into 8-20mm.
6. Suspended magnetic separator: remove the iron from the lithium battery.
7. Suspended magnetic separator: separating the metal for the second time and separating it a bit more clearly.
8. Vibrating sieving powder device: separating the carbon powder at the bottom and separating the insulation diaphragm at the top.
9. Pulverizer machine: grinding the metal into 15-20 mesh powder.
10. Airflow separator: the powder after grinding and then specific gravity sorter, separating carbon powder, copper powder, aluminum film powder, etc.
11. Electrostatic separator: optional, further separation of metal powder.
12. Pulse dust collector: to purify the dust of the complete lithium battery recycling equipment.
Before and after comparison pictures：
The lithium battery disposal recycling equipment production line first discharges the lithium battery with electricity through the discharge tank, and then sends it to the double shaft shredder through the conveyor belt material for shredding, and the shredded lithium battery goes into the heating oven to dry the electrolyte and moisture of the battery, and then sends it to the hammer crusher through the conveyor for crushing, and the crushed lithium battery goes into the suspended magnetic separation, which can sort out the iron in the lithium battery, and then through the second level of suspended magnetic separation The second separation of metal, the metal in which will be separated more cleanly, after the separation of lithium batteries through the vibrating sieve powder device at the bottom to separate the carbon powder, the upper part of the separation of the insulation diaphragm. The powder state of the lithium battery processed through the pulverizer machine is fed by the negative pressure system into the cyclone separator for air filtration and falls through the fan to the airflow separator so that the different densities of the material are layered to get the metal sorted out and further separated from the metal powder through the electrostatic separator while all the non-metals are brought into the pulse dust collector by the negative pressure system for concentration. The filtered tail gas will continue to be sent by the negative pressure system to the tail gas treatment equipment for air purification to meet emission standards before being discharged into the air.
The advantages of physical method recycling of lithium batteries may include the following aspects: